|"Celebration" by Tom DuBois|
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story where you felt like someone at the top of the pyramid, or like someone at the bottom.
3. How do you respond to the comparison between stories and scientific theories, or to the distinction between factual and actual truth?
4. Have you ever known a bully, or have you ever been a bully, or have you ever been bullied? Tell us about it.
5. Look for moments this week when it might be appropriate for you to say, "God must be better than that." And look for examples this week of the powerful exploiting the vulnerable when it might be appropriate for you to say, "We can be better than that."
6. Ask yourself, in God's presence, "What desire to acquire may be driving me into trouble?" After a few moments of silence, acknowledge the desires that come to mind. Then ask for other, better desires to replace the desire to acquire.