Wednesday, October 10, 2007

OSB

What I wondered was that Jake didn't get much attention from his father, so I thought that Jake did his stunts to get attention, to get away with something, & to put his brother down so that he could feel good about himself. Even though Arthur isn't the smartest, he is a good person who doesn't want to hurt anyone, especially his mother. I liked Arthur the most, yet at times felt bad for Jake who had a father that put down card playing as a "time waster" when Jake just wanted to do something fun with his family. Jake just didn't belong on a farm. I picture him leaving & living in the city.
My older brother usually got away with stuff, although neither of us really rebelled much in our teens. I was dealing with serious physical health problems practically all of my teen years & on , so I know for sure that it affected everyone in the family, especially me.
Toby

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems as a teen, Toby. Is it still a problem today?