Friday, May 25, 2012

Traveling with Pomegranates (TwP)

Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story ~ by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor, 2009, memoir (Greece, Turkey, South Carolina, France)
Synopsis:  In this intimate dual memoir, the #1 New York Times bestselling novelist and her daughter, Ann, offer distinct perspectives as a fifty-something and a twenty-something, each on a quest to redefine herself and to rediscover each other.  Between 1998 and 2000, Sue and Ann travel throughout Greece and France.  Sue, coming to grips with aging, caught in a creative vacuum, longing to reconnect with her grown daughter, struggles to enlarge a vision of swarming bees into a novel.  Ann, just graduated from college, heartbroken and benumbed by the classic question about what to do with her life, grapples with a painful depression.
Helpful links
Note to new Book Buddies:   If you would like to post your questions and opinions, either leave your email address in a comment here, or send me your email address. so I can add you to the list.  The email address for Bonnie Jacobs is emerging DOT paradigm AT yahoo DOT com

To sign up:  Let us know in the comments that you are interested, even if you are planning to "lurk" and read what others say.  It's okay to comment on our posts, even if you haven't read the book.  (However, comments by non-members are moderated, so spam and other totally off-topic comments will not be posted.)

Labels:  When you post, be sure to add two labels:  your name + TwP (Traveling with Pomegranates), which will keep all posts about this book together.  Notice just below that I labeled this post Bonnie and TwP

8 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

We're back! I have found a few people who want to read and discuss the memoir Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor. I won't start posting questions until June 1, 2012. Are you interested?

alisonwonderland said...

I am totally interested! (The Secret Life of Bees is one of my all-time favorite books.) I'll get a copy of the book right away.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Shirley emailed me yesterday morning to say, "If I can get a copy of the book, count me in. That would be super if Book Buddies renewed its discussions!"

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Lynne posted a few minutes ago:
"Bonnie, I will pick up my book Tuesday from the library and am looking forward to reading with Book Buddies once more."

Shirley (emailed), Alison (commented), and Lynne (posted) to express their interest.

So the information will be in one place, anyone who wants to "sign up" to read this book with us could just leave a comment below this post.

Kathy Rogers said...

Have not started yet, but would like to lurk/comment/join as I can. Thanks!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Welcome, Kathy! I'll email you.

alisonwonderland said...

I picked up both the book and the audiobook from the library this week. I'm looking forward to starting to read or listen this weekend!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Questions are being posted:

LOSS ~ questions 1-7
SEARCH ~ questions 8-12
RETURN ~ questions 13-15
AFTERWORD ~ questions 16-20

That last one (the afterword) will post tomorrow morning, and (just so you know) I restated some of the questions in LOSS and changed the picture. I did that so there would not be two illustrations showing Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom.

Don't try to answer every question. Pick out something you really want to talk about.