- "Houston, we have a problem."
- "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
- "Life is like a box of chocolates."
Sunday, April 25, 2010
I got Jodi Picoult's House Rules yesterday and started reading. One thing that stands out is how many different movies are either quoted or alluded to. I challenge you to make a list of all the movies you can find as you read (or looking back over the book, if you've already finished it). Here's a start for you:
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Here's what I'll do. First, I'll post this and notify all of you -- and you are welcome to invite your friends to take part, as well. Then we can start posting book-related things, either questions or comments or links to Jodi Picoult's interviews, that sort of thing. For now, I'll start links for this title in the sidebar, including a link that will allow you to read the first chapter. When I know a bit more, I'll post a schedule so we can do a little bit at a time, the way we used to do. I hope at least a few of you will decide to talk with us. Do you want to know the honest truth? I've missed all of you buddies!
If you are not currently authorized to post here, email me to get an invitation. My email address is:
emerging DOT paradigm AT yahoo DOT com
- Message to BBs from Jodi Picoult
- Complete discussion of HR
- HR ~ first set of questions
- HR ~ second set of questions
- HR ~ third set of questions
- HR ~ fourth set of questions
- HR challenge #1 ~ movie quotes
- Read an excerpt (at the site, click on "Read a sample chapter")
- Jodi Picoult's web site
- End of discussion party