Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hola Book Buddies Ladies

I have been sick with a cold-flu-like thing for the past week or so and am just now beginning to feel better (although still very tired a lot and without energy). I just got done reading all the posts and wanted to say I plan on finishing reading the third part of ILE as soon as I get done reading March for RGG and I'll comment on it once I'm done.

After reading Bonnie's posts and checking out a copy in Costco today (they have three stacks left and it's $14), I really want to read POB with ya'll this month. I am going to get a library card at the county library by my parents and see if I can get the book from there on Friday before I buy it though.

In regards to posting comments/etc., I know for me because this is a blog and not a forum/bulletin board, I feel compelled to post when I'm thinking clearly and watch my spelling/grammar more rather than posting off the cuff. I'm not really sure why this is and I know it's misguided. I mean to be mindful and make more of an effort to just post when I have something to say. Also, I have have to say ILE was just an odd discussion book to me (from what I've read so far) and I didn't particularly hate the book either.

Anyways, just wanted to check in and say hi and... ramble. I tend to ramble/type as I think in forums/boards and that seems somehow wrong in a blog too. I mean I know I can get wordy and run on lengthly. My high school English prof told me so. lol. I believe she used the words pompous and witty to describe my writing style as well though.

2 comments:

Zorro said...

Anne, I agree with you, this seems much more formal than posting to a bulletin board. It feels more like a class discussion or a paper that is more formal. And I just found out that I have to check the preview carefully, because I cannot go back and correct the post once it is posted. I am loving POB!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Hi, Mary. Actually, you CAN correct posts ... it's the comments you can't correct. All the more reason to post whatever you want to say to the Book Buddies ... you can alter a post days or even months later. Try posting something here and see how easy it is ... and how much more noticeable it is to others who come along later.

Post something about what you're reading, without *** SPOILERS *** if possible. When in doubt, POST a comment.

Hmmm, actually you can correct comments if you click PREVIEW and read over what you've written. Then you are able to make corrections before you click to "publish this comment."