Sunday, February 24, 2008

Postings

I do hope that the discussions will pick up. The boards are a lot more fun when there is discussions, but at the same time if there gets to be too much discussion then I wind up spending more time reading about the books than reading.

Since there were so many ahead of me on the library's list, I ordered the book from amazon.com for next month. How many plan to read it?

I have also reduced my reading time and trying to spend more time on other projects such as quilting and sewing. I also reduced the number of boards I am in to this one board.

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

like shirley, i decided today to order the book from amazon.com because of the large number of holds ahead of me at the library. (the book was $15.57, plus $3.99 shipping.) i will definitely be reading the book and participating in the discussion.

alisonwonderland said...

p.s. although i have hoped to read each month's book since i joined this group in October, i'm in an every-other-month pattern right now, having read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Pictures of Hollis Woods so far.

i have had In Lucia's Eyes sitting next to my bed since the end of January, but my IRL book club is reading The Other Boleyn Girl this month and that took me almost three weeks and pretty much sated my historical fiction appetite for the moment, so i haven't picked up In Lucia's Eyes yet. i apologize for not being a better group member so far, and i'll be trying to do better.