1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about your interaction with someone you were jealous of or considered a rival. What did they have or desire that you desired? How did your relationship play out?
3. How do you respond to reading the Philippians 2 passage as a reversal of the Genesis 3 passage?
4. How do you feel when you win or lose in a game? How do you feel when you do better or worse at something than someone else? Tell us a story about it.
5. Be especially sensitive to revalry this week. When you feel it, ask what "desire to acquire" is driving you. And ask whom you are imitating in this "desire to acquire." In this way, seek to become more aware of the Cain and Abel struggling in your own life and heart.
6. After a few moments of silence, let one emotion rise to the surface and express that emotion to God — and, if you'd like, to your companions, with a brief explanation.