Monday, October 6, 2014
12. Stories That Shape Us (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a "golden age" you learned about in your family, your school, or some other group you've been part of.
3. How do you respond to the comparison between the story of Jesus' departure in Acts and the story of Elijah's departure in 2 Kings?
4. Do you have a favorite superhero? Tell us why you like him or her so much.
5. Try to read the gruesome story of the Levite's concubine (Judges 19-21) and then the gentle story of Ruth and Naomi (Book of Ruth). Do you see similar stories in this week's headlines?
6. In silence, hold the phrases "passive, pious complacency," "desperate, violent action," and "faithful, peaceful action" in your mind for a few minutes. Ask God to make you an agent of faithful, peaceful action.