Tuesday, January 20, 2015
20. Join the Adventure! (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time you went through some hardship or temptation that prepared you for a later opportunity, or a time when you missed an opportunity because you were unprepared.
3. How do you respond to the idea that you can be captivated by the expectations of your loyal fans and intimidated by the threats of your hostile critics? Which is a greater danger for you?
4. What's something you can't do right now that you hope you will be able to do someday? What will you have to learn in order to do that thing?
5. This week, write the word disciple in prominent places to remind yourself of Jesus' invitation to you.
6. In silence, imagine Jesus calling your name and saying two words: Follow me. Allow that invitation to stir a response in you at the deepest part of your being.