Friday, October 26, 2007

OSB

I'm not really sure I liked this book. Granted, it's not the kind of book I normally read, but I'm trying to decide why I didn't like it. I don't think it had enough "substance" for me. Kind of like, when you eat something and it didn't quite fill you up or it wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's how I feel about this book.
I agree with Margreet that most of the incidents in the book were quite over the top. Maybe that was to get a reaction, or to keep us interested, or just to explain a future action. I'm not quite sure.
Answering a few of Bonnie's questions, I was thoroughly disappointed that Ian followed in his father's footsteps in the end. He was the only character, other than Jake, who was remotely interested in leaving that small town. I thought he would have been perfect for the "outside world".
To be honest Bonnie, I really wasn't paying attention to the headlines at the beginning of the chapters. I read them, but really didn't take them in, if that makes sense. I think maybe at the beginning of the book I wasn't sure what they were and after that just skipped them altogether.
I can't say enough about the characters though!! I think that these characters were very well developed, the kind that leave you feeling like you're missing friends after you're done reading the book. That part I loved!!

No comments: