Thursday, February 7, 2008

What does DQ mean?

What does DQ mean? Q must mean question, but I can't figure out what D stands for. I'm sorry if you already mentioned this before. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Toby
__________

Click on the word HELP in the labels just below this post, and you will see all the posts I have ever posted to "help" the Book Buddies understand how blogging works. The most recent posts will come first so, until other "help" posts are written, this post will be at the top of what you get by clicking on HELP.

Here's the answer to Toby's question:

What does DQ mean? Discussion Question
More often, DQ means "discussion questions" (plural) as in:

ILE-DQ, which means, here are the discussion questions for the book we are calling ILE, for short.

We put ILE-DQ in the labels to say "this post has one or more questions for the whole group to discuss." Usually I'm the one who uses this DQ, to let you know that, when you click on it, you will pull up all posts that have questions to be answered about the book we are reading together.

And as an aside, I'll add that we put ILE in the labels to say "this is the book we're discussing." All of us use this one. (Of course, the initials change with each book.)

:^D

~~~ Bonnie

4 comments:

Toby said...

LOL! I meant, What DOES DQ mean? I wished I spotted my mistakes before sending, but no big deal.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Toby, through the magic of blogs, I have waved my magic wand and "fixed" your problem ... the problem of posting "What is DQ mean?" by accident.

Blogging is better than the Oprah boards in the sense that ... as the creator of a post ... YOU can always go back and correct anything you have posted. Wow! Isn't that exciting!?

As blog administrator, so can I. In other words, not only can I fix something I have done, but I have access to your posts as well.

And now for a bit more magic, I will not only answer your question, but I will add this whole post to our series of teaching-and-learning posts about how blogs work ... our HELP posts.

What does DQ mean?
Discussion Question


More often, DQ means "discussion questions" (plural)as in:

ILE-DQ
which means, here are the discussion questions for the book we are calling ILE, for short.

We put ILE-DQ in the labels to say "this post has one or more questions for the whole group to discuss." (Usually this is one I use, to let you know when you click on it, that you will pull up all posts that have questions to be answered about the book we are reading together.

ILE
We put ILE in the labels to say "this is the book we're discussing."

Bonnie Jacobs said...

You're welcome.

Toby said...

Oh, so that's how to do it. I would look for the edit buton, but didn't see it. Thanks Bonnie for helping this scardy cat computer illiterate. I got brave & tried clicking on buttons like you said to do & it worked. I have a fear of clicking on the unknown. :0) Now, can you tell me why when I am typing, sometime when I look up, I see that some of my latest words I typed are suddenly in a different place on the page, instead of at the end, say of a sentence? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. LOL! Must be Harry Potter playing tricks. Thanks again, Bonnie for your patience.