"Instead of being involved in politics as they were in the 1970s1. Why do we engage, to use Jack Harrison's phrase, in "all this for-the-church activity"? What do you think is the point, the larger goal, of being part of a church or even being a Christian?
2. What do you think of St. Mark's response to 9/11? What most surprises you about St. Mark's attitude toward political questions?
3. What color is your congregation?
4. What does it mean to "reclaim" the message of Christianity?
5. Reflect on the political concerns of the two Methodist churches in Florida. What do the Florida congregations suggest about the role of religion in public life?
6. Do you think the "left-right" paradigm works for American religion? Why or why not?