Sunday, November 25, 2012

Let's have a party! I'll invite Diana Butler Bass

Essencia Island is the place book buddies party at the end of a book discussion.  Click on the photo on the sidebar (or this link), and you'll arrive at a warm and sandy place where we can chat without cluttering up the comments about the books on this blog.  It's our place to relax, get to know each other, and talk informally.

My very first post on the island tells you how it all started.  If you click "Newer Post" at the bottom of the post (and continue with other posts), you can read about all the parties we've held on Essencia Island.  Back when we met on Oprah's site, we created an imaginary island as something "essential" to who we book buddies are.  Now we have our own virtual island.  Feel free to explore it and leave a post, if you want to chat.  Go ahead — I've already left you a message there.

4 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

The island is now open for partying, right through December. I'll invite the author, both to the party and to see our comments about her book. I'll keep posting until I cover all the chapters — so far I've answered questions for the first six chapters.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Before we can party or even invite the author, I was trying to answer questions myself. But I have shattered my shoulder and will probably need orthopedic surgery. Read about it here:

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/left-handed-report-on-my-life.html

Email me at
emerging DOT paradigm @ yahoo DOT com

caboose said...

Hi Bonnie,
Hope you are feeling better every day. Sending you good thoughts hugs and blessings. Also, I wanted to thank Zorro for all the pictures, information she has provided us. I have ordered the book looking forward to reading.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the parents in Newtown, Connecticut
Caboose

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I just learned a few minutes ago that the grandson of one of my very first book buddies is in 4th grade at Sandy Hook School. He is unhurt physically but the whole family is reeling from that awful tragedy.

I am improving each day. More Xrays tomorrow morning will help the orthopedic surgeon decide the next step. My shoulder will never again work correctly, with or without surgery, so I'm hoping for no surgery.