Friday, July 11, 2014
1. Awe and Wonder (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you most felt the humble awe and joyful wonder described in this chapter.
3. What is the most beautiful place you have ever seen? What was so special about it?
4. What is your favorite animal? Why do you like it so much?
5. This week, choose one facet of creation that you love — birds, trees, weather, soil, water, light, children, sex, aging, sleep. Observe it, think about it, learn about it every chance you can, with this question in mind: if that element of creation were your only Bible, what would it tell you about God?
6. Observe a few moments of silence. Let a silent prayer of gratitude arise from within you.