Saturday, July 12, 2014
2. Being Human (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when someone played god and judged you, or a time when you played god and judged someone else.
3. Tell us about a person who reflected God to you in some special way.
4. Think about your hands. What is something kind and creative you can do with your hands? What is something mean or harmful you can do with your hands? How can the same hands do both kind and mean things?
5. If part of being image bearers of God means that we represent God in caring for the Earth, it's important to learn about your corner of the Earth. You know your postal address (nation, state, city, postal code). What is your environmental address? Learn about your watershed, what makes it special, and the environmental issues it faces.
6. Observe a few moments of silence. Let a silent prayer rise from within you.