Saturday, August 9, 2014
6. Plotting Goodness (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you observed or participated in a group that saw itself as blessed to the exclusion of others rather than for the blessing of others.
3. Where in today's world do you see people practicing the kind of "otherly" identity to which God called Abram — "us for the sake of others"?
4. How does helping someone make you feel? (Better, according to my face-to-face group's discussion, is this question: Tell us about a time when someone helped YOU.)
5. Look for opportunities to "be a blessing" to others this week. Share a story about what you did.
6. In silence, hold this truth in God's presence: I am blessed to be a blessing.