Tuesday, August 19, 2014
7. It's Not Too Late (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you almost gave up, but are glad you didn't.
3. What are some critical issues in today's world — or in our personal lives — when we might say "It's too late" or "It's impossible"?
4. What makes you laugh? Why do you think Sarah laughed in this story?
5. Try saying "It's not too late" when you're tempted to be cynical or give up. Or practice the art of "the second laugh." The first laugh comes as a reflex when we think something is impossible. The second laugh comes as a choice when we laugh at our lack of faith.
6. After a few moments of silence, complete this sentence as your prayer: "Living God, it's not too late to change my mind about . . . "