Monday, October 27, 2014
14. Promised Land, Promised Time (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you kept hope or lost hope.
3. How do you respond to the imagery of Isaiah, and how would you translate some of that imagery from the ancient Middle East into imagery from today's world?
4. When you were a child, what did you hope to be or do when you grew up?
5. Look for discouragement or cynicism in your own thinking. Challenge yourself to become cynical about your cynicism, and challenge yourself toward prophetic hope.
6. Light a candle and choose one image from the prophets mentioned in this chapter. Simply hold that image in your heart, in God's presence. Let it inspire a simple prayer that you may wish to speak aloud.