Wednesday, November 19, 2014
17. Surprising People (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a shady or colorful character from your family history.
3. How do you respond to this approach to the meaning of "son of God"?
4. Imagine you are a shepherd in the time of Jesus. What do you think your life would be like?
5. This week, look for surprising people to whom you can show uncommon respect and unexpected kindness.
6. After lighting a candle, hold the words "good news of great joy for all people" in your heart in God's presence for a few moments of silence. Break the silence with a short prayer.