Sunday, November 16, 2014
16. Keep Herod in Christmas (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you were a child and an adult other than a parent showed you great respect or kindness.
3. How do you respond to Matthew's decision to include this story that none of the other gospels recount?
4. What one thing would you ask grown-ups to do to help kids?
5. This week, try to look at personal and political situations from the vantage point of how they will affect children and their mothers.
6. Light a candle, and hold in your mind both the image of Herod, ruthless and power-hungry, and the image of Jesus, a vulnerable baby. Observe what happens in your heart and express a prayer in response.