Friday, February 27, 2015
23. Jesus and the Multitudes (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you felt like one of the multitude, or when you behaved like one of the Pharisees.
3. How do you respond to the stories of Jesus engaging with "the multitudes" and the Pharisees in this chapter?
4. Think of someone who is not popular or who seems to have few friends. What do you think that person would want others to do for him or her?
5. Make an opportunity to spend time with some member of "the multitude."
6. Think of some group of people you normally turn away from. Imagine them, in silence, and repeat these words: "They are harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." Notice what happens to your heart as you do so.