Tuesday, March 17, 2015
25. Jesus, Violence, and Power (We Make the Road by Walking)
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about a time when you were completely certain about something, and then you realized you were completely (or at least partly) wrong.
3. How do you respond to this interpretation of the Caesar-ville field trip?
4. What's one of the nicest compliments you have ever received? Why did that mean a lot to you?
5. Look for situations this week when your initial reaction should be questioned, especially in relation to power dynamics.
6. Imagine you are Peter after he hears the words, "Get behind me, Satan!" In silence, listen for ways your thinking is out of sync with God's ways. Imagine what you would want to say to Jesus in reply.