Tuesday, December 4, 2007

CCF ~ Bonnie's take on it

This cover is from the DVD, though I haven't tried to find out when it was filmed. The cover intrigued me because it says she's found the branch of the family with all the nuts. I also don't know how closely the DVD follows the book.

1. What do you think of Flora Poste?
Not much, as Jo said. It's astounding that she just assumes relatives will take her in. She is "in her twentieth year" (first page of chapter 1), so she is 19 years old. In spite of her "expensive, athletic and prolonged" education (same page), she seems not to know very much.

2. What do you think of the other characters?
Mrs. Smiling is the only one I like so far, and I have no idea why she seems to like Flora. I'm mostly wondering why Flora's relatives feel they owe her something, which I guess is the great secret we are waiting to discover.

I can't say I am particularly enjoying the book either, but I am somewhat curious to see what happens. I need to go tell Tricia, who suggested the book, to come help us think about it. More later.

No comments: