|Cain killed his brother Abel|
1. What one thought or idea from today's lesson especially intrigued, provoked, disturbed, challenged, encouraged, warmed, warned, helped, or surprised you?
2. Share a story about how a conflict or rivalry with a family member, friend, or colleague challenged you to face yourself...and God.
3. Respond to the idea that in revenge, we seek to imitate the person who has wronged us, and that in reconciliation, we imitate and reflect God.
4. Tell us about someone you had a chance to forgive.
5. Look for opportunities for others to "see the face of God" in your face, and seek the face of God in their faces, too — especially those you may see as rivals or outcasts.
6. In silence, ponder forgiveness, and thank God for the joy of being forgiven — and for the release of forgiving others.