Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What's next?

Thank you, Shirley, for reminding us that we need to choose our next title.

Everybuddy, listen up!

We need suggestions, so I invite everybuddy to give me at least one title of a book you would be willing to read. I'll begin, and I hope Shirley is right there with another title. And you, too, Alison! You were commenting on Shirley's post while I was writing this one.

When you suggest a title, please tell us something about the book. Why do you want to read it? How long is it? Is it in paperback yet? Here are my suggestions (click on a title to read about the book), which have all had good reviews:

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer (2006) is about an asteroid hitting the moon, has 337 pages, and is available only in hardback ... but it's an inexpensive hardback because it's a book for teens.

Pocketful of Names by Joe Coomer (2005) is set on an island off the coast of Maine (USA), has 417 pages, and is available in paperback.

The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton (2007) is set in Kenya, has 336 pages, and comes out in paperback on April 1.

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2003) is set in Nigeria, has 307 pages, and is available in paperback.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I have three of those titles on my TBR list. The only one I don't have there already is Pocketful of Names.